Friday, July 30, 2010

Methiwali Arhar Daal (Fenugreek leaves daal)


Very tasty and goes well with just plain rice.We had friend over on Friday for dinner and I made this daal with Pulav. My son just lapped it up and I was over the moon that it was such a success.

Ingredients:
1/2 bunch fenugreek leaves /methi
1 cup pigeon peas (toor/arhar daal)
salt
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp grated jaggery

Seasoning:
1 tspghee
1/2 hing
6 garlic cloves

Method:
Pressure cook daal wit turmeric for 3 whistles.

Add 1/2 cup water,salt, chilli powder and jaggery and bring to a boil.

For the seasoning, heat the ghee in a pan.
Add the hing and garlic cloves.
Saute till the garlic is brown.

Add the methi and saute for a few minutes.
Pour the seasoning over the daal and stir well.

Serve hot.

2 comments:

best hotel management colleges in Kolkata said...

I came across your blog while looking for some Indian food recipes and liked a lot. How amazing! I will keep an eye out for all your recipes :)

Indianihm said...

Gorgeous methiwali arhar daal! It’s a perfect color for an outing this weekend! Love it!! I have learn this item to cook while I was studying in the best hotel management college in Kolkata