Friday, April 18, 2008

Banana Bread

This is my entry to NQN’s Banana Bread bakeoff event!.






Oh Yum! I actually have this recipe courtesy my friend and we baked it together in her portable oven years ago.I had an over-ripe banana and only 1/4 cup flour (maida) and so I tweaked the recipe a bit.I can't stop eating it.I just made it and its almost gone:)

The actual recipe:
Sugar 1 cup
Butter 1/2 cup
Bananas 3
Eggs 2
Flour 1 1/4 cups
Salt 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Chopped Walnuts 1/2 cup

Preheat oven to 350 deg F

In a Mixing bowl, combine sugar and butter.Mix till creamy.

Add banana halves one at a time,eggs, salt and mix well.

Stir in the chopped walnuts.Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45-50 mins at 350.

2 comments:

Arundathi said...

:) :) Thanks for reminding me about these!!! They look delicious! Btw, I STILL ONLY HAVE a portable oven! LOL!

Bhavani said...

HaHa.. The banana bread came out really nice and yummy.Have decided to bake more often.prolly willtry your beet cake.