Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kothu Parotta (I used a Paratha)

I was craving for some kothu parotta and decided to try my friend Anu's recipe which I had been meaning to do forever.Here is the link to her recipe for spicy parotta with eggs.I have followed her measures almost exactly and the result was mouthwatering.Thanks Anu.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 plain store bought parathas
1 Onion, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
3 Eggs, beaten
2 Green Chillies, split lengthwise
1/2 tbsp Chilli Powder
1/4 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Pepper powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
3-4 Curry Leaves
Cilantro leaves, for garnish

Heat oil in a saucepan.
Add the curry leaves, green chillies and onions.
Saute til onions are brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and the powders.
Fry for 2 mins.






Add the tomato and stir fry until the tomato is cooked.
Pour in the beaten eggs and scramble with the mixture, until 3/4 done.
Add the salt and shredded parotta and mix to combine. Garnish with cilantro leaves.






The end result is a very very tasty Kothu paratha in my case.Enjoy!

No comments: